
Reed wanted to check out the North and East entrances of Yellowstone since he had only been through the South and West entrances. We were surprised to arrive at the Park to find an early snowstorm had transformed the area into a winter wonderland. The North entrance was closed due to the snow but would reopen as soon as they could get the roads clear. We went out the East side and stayed in Cody, Wyoming. We figured the roads would be open again the next day. Our plan was to go back through the East entrance and exit through the Northern route. No such luck -- both the North and East roads were closed. We went to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center but we were too cheap to pay the admission fees so we headed home. It would have been a nice drive back except I got a speeding ticket. It was my first since the fall of 1972. I guess I was about due for one.



Reed and I completed our two year calling to serve as ordinance workers in the Logan Temple. We enjoyed being in the temple and the association we had with the other workers. It is a great place to be! When we were set apart as ordinance workers, the temple president was Vaughn J. Featherstone. I like this quote from him: "I promise you that all who faithfully attend to temple work will be blessed beyond measure. Your families will draw closer to the Lord, unseen angels will watch over your loved ones when Satanic forces tempt them, the veil will be thin, and great spiritual experiences will distill upon this people." Following our temple service, we looked for a new opportunity to serve. We found it at: www.lds.org/csm. We received a mission call to spend 6 months (4/21/08 to 10/17/08) working with the Young Women of the Church at Heber Valley Camp. Check it out at: www.hebervalleycamp.org.

From October 20th to 28th we stayed in Herriman with Courtney, Hailey, Natalie and Kaden while Jill and Brandon were in Hawaii.

From October 20th to 28th we stayed in Herriman with Courtney, Hailey, Natalie and Kaden while Jill and Brandon were in Hawaii.
Granddaughter, Courtney Schvaneveldt, at Wendy's Restaurant.
Grandson, Kaden Schvaneveldt, at Wendy's.
Kaden in his skeleton shirt he made in Kindergarten.Grandson, Miles Perry Hawkins, of Jenks, Oklahoma was blessed in Bountiful, Utah on November 3rd. Can you tell it was really sunny?

Granddaughter, Ashley Johnson, was in a play about Thanksgiving at an assembly at the Thomas Edison Charter School where she attends. She borrowed one of my "dress-ups" so she'd look like a pilgrim girl. In the picture she is on the far right. Ashley is wearing a bonnet and cream colored dress and her hair is in braids.


Grandson, Kaden Schvaneveldt, attended my CTR-5 Primary class the Sunday before Christmas. I let the kids dress up and role-play the nativity. Here is Kaden as Joseph with Paige as Mary.

Well, I can't end the year of 2007 without a pictures of the Christmas lights on Temple Square in Salt Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment