We have our hummingbird feeders here as do many other missionaries. There are several different varieties of hummingbirds that visit our feeders.
Legacy Lake has ducks on it as well as some of the smaller ponds around camp.
There are many kinds of birds here, some I have never seen before.
One missionary said he has counted 68 different varieties of birds here on the mountain.
Deer in velvet...common sight, although does are more plentiful
Moose on the loose
Grouse
Little Cottontail Bunny --I've only seen a couple of these. One was by the admin building and when it hopped away it truly looked like it had a white cottonball for a tail.
Some kissing moose --they are so gangly and long-legged that they appear awkward. We hear animals walking/crashing through the trees and underbrush all the time. I get so I practically ignore the noise. The other day I heard some animals coming but didn't even look up. I got a scare when I heard a snorting sound like a horse just a few yards away. It was a cow moose and two calves. I was alone so I backed away slowly. The calves started nursing.
No comments:
Post a Comment