Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beautiful, blue-eyed, baby Brooklyn's blessing

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! Brooklyn was given a name and a blessing by her father, Jory. We joked that she was old enough to walk down the aisle herself. Candace quipped that Brooklyn would probably stand and bear her testimony after the blessing.

Brooklyn Kaye VanWagenen at 7 months

This is our oldest grandchild, Courtney, holding our youngest grandchild, Brooklyn. The pretty blessing dress was made by Celeste Conlin's aunt.

Grandpa with Brooklyn



Princess Brooklyn sitting on her 'throne' (bumbo)



The grandkids stayed entertained as they watched and played with a stray black and white rabbit that Jory found in the yard. Luckily a neighbor had a cage.





You'd never guess it by these two pictures, but in less than two weeks Robin will have a baby girl. That will make 18 grandchildren for us, 10 girls and 8 boys. My mother (Edna) was the third child of her mother (Bertha). I (Kathryn) am my mother's third child and third daughter. Robin is my third child and third daughter. This new baby will be Robin's third child and third daughter. Robin and Andrew haven't decided on a name yet, though Ashlyn has plenty of suggestions. All through Robin's 1st pregnancy she said they were naming the baby 'Breanna.' I made a Christmas sock and put 'Breanna' on it. When the baby was born, they didn't think she looked like a Breanna so she was named Ashlyn. Robin lived with us during her 2nd pregnancy while Andrew was in Iraq. When she found out she was expecting another girl, I thought maybe she would be named Breanna. Nope, this time it was Katelyn. I threw the personalized sock away. They better not decide on the name of Breanna this time!



1 comment:

Celeste said...

YAY, Brooklyn got blessed! The dress is gorgeous for a gorgeous baby!

I didn't realize Courtney was the oldest grandchild...I guess I just assumed Kim would have one older. Shouldn't be assuming eh?

Wow, Robin looks tiny for being dang near full-term! We'll have to go visit her when the baby is born seems how we now live in Lehi...YAY!