Gary Felter, a former, fellow-missionary friend, invited us to go 4-wheeling for a couple of days with him, his wife Suzanne, and other former, fellow-missionary friends, Morris and Sharlene Mower. We stayed two nights in Richfield. The trip was planned to take advantage of the peak of the spectacular fall foliage and beat the colder weather and storms which will be arriving shortly. Mother Nature has really been busy with her paintbrush and a palette of vivid and varying shades of red, orange, yellow, and green. WOW! We saw a deer, elk, wild turkeys and mountain goats.
Gary and Suzanne rode in their new "Screamin' Demon" Polaris RZR.
Morris and Shar had their "Silver Bullet."
I know they're hard to see, but in the little clearing near the bottom center of the picture there are three elk. One had a very nice rack. After I spotted them and stopped, I yanked off my gloves, got my camera out and snapped the picture. The big buck was out in the sunshine near the road when I first saw him. I had my little camera with poor zooming capabilities and was shooting blind with the sun in my eyes and dusty goggles. I felt fortunate to even get them in the picture. Click on picture to enlarge. It was 'raining' yellow aspen leaves.
Here is another really long shot. Look around the dark crescent shape just to the right of the highest peak. Trust me, there are lots of mountain goats there. To the naked eye they appear as little white dots. Using binoculars really helped. Click on picture to enlarge.

It seems that pictures never do justice to the breathtaking beauty of nature. Nevertheless, enjoy these fall mountain scenes and bold colored leaves:
No comments:
Post a Comment