Jodi and Ty withdrew the offer they put on a home. The owner/builder was unwilling to deal. With so many homes on the market, they still have a lot of good choices. They are thinking about renting as well. They have to vacate the home they are in and be in the Oklahoma City area at the end of March.
We haven't seen Jory since his surgery but Candace reports he is doing pretty well. She says he can get up and around but has some pain...but that is nothing new. Candace said the incision is quite long but looked good and in a few more days he will get his stitches out. Candace has a horrible cold.
Now, about Andrew......It was originally anticipated that he would be home by now. If everything goes well from here on out, his homecoming should take place around Sunday, Feb. 21st. Healing might be slower because of the chemo he's had. Controlling the pain has been a big challenge. When the epidural was removed and he was given other pain medications, he became very nauseous. When he vomited he ripped the stitches on the inside. His wound was already infected. Supposedly that is a very common and expected occurance for abdominal surgery. Anyway, Andrew went back to surgery where his abdomen was re-opened. It remains wide open and packed with dressings or something. There is some kind of wound vac they are going to use that will close him back up and allow things to heal. At one time Robin said something about using sponges or a mesh fabric inside of him. He has to get off the epidural and IVs again. That seems to be a sticking point. Hopefully he won't hit any more bumps in the road. We all went to see Andrew on Sunday. The girls were most interested in using Andrew's walker and pushing the buttons on the bed rail to watch the bed go up and down. The new Intermountain Health Care Surgery Center in the 5300 South neighborhood in Murray is really nice. I just wish Andrew didn't have to go through this ordeal. We have been here for 11 nights and we're nearly out of our medications, our library books are due and there is a Wednesday doctor's appointment. We aren't sure what we are going to do yet. We might take the youngest two home for a bit. When we got here, Robin told me as a stress reliever there was a big bag of M&Ms (3 pounds or so) in the pantry. Because I had not been eating chocolate for a little over a month, I figured they wouldn't tempt me. I lost control and the bag is now empty. I consumed 90% of them by myself. Shame on me!
1 comment:
I know how you feel with the M&M's...when Talmage was in the NICU all I ate was the Oreo's that they kept the NICU kitchen stocked with for the families of sick babies.
I hope everyone is doing better!
Post a Comment