Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Domino's Pizza


Here's my Domino's story: Our YSA ward is back in full swing after the Christmas break. Ward callings need to be revamped as many students left and we have an infusion of new ones. Last Monday we had a Ward Home Evening. We showed a video on morality and planned to serve pizza, salad and cookies afterward. The 30 large pizzas were supposed to be delivered at 7 p.m. I really expected them early. 7 o'clock came and went, 5 after, 10 after and finally 15 minutes after 7. I was getting really nervous. Did they mess up on the time or date? Were they at the wrong church? We didn't have a phone book. I passed a telephone in the hall, picked up the receiver, paused for a second and felt 'inspired' to enter a phone number. My plan was that whoever answered, I was going to ask if they could please look up the number for Domino's. I was blown away when someone answered the phone, "Domino's Pizza, how may I help you?" I knew that somewhere in the recesses of my mind that I had called Domino's before and maybe I could bring the number to memory. The only problem was that I had never before called the Domino's location where Reed ordered the pizzas. So when I 'picked myself up off the floor', I asked if I had reached the north or south location. It was the south store so I asked for the number of the other one. I called and was told the deliveryman left late but should be there any second. Whew! Everything worked out great. In fact, we got a late start on the video because the stake media guy was slow in arriving to set up the projection thing. The delayed pizzas ended up arriving with perfect timing.

No comments: