Saturday, December 13, 2008

Milligan Family Christmas Party

We met at noon on Saturday, December 13th at 'The Lodge' at Maddox. Driving conditions weren't the best as we were having our first round of major snow storms. Thanks to Kent and Staci who planned and arranged the time, date and location of the dinner, collected the money, and made things happen. The next pictures are of the early arrivers waiting for everyone to assemble so we can eat.





Deb and Kent. I originally planned on doing couple and family group pictures but it didn't turn out that way.




After the meal we went to the gym/cafeteria of an elementary school in Brigham. Thanks to Marilyn who did a lot of work in finding a place to have the remaining part of the party and in organizing/planning/assigning the program, games, crafts and desserts. I think everyone had a good time. I counted 77 out of 115 members of the family who were in attendance.

This is the pile of gifts in the middle of the gym floor prior to the white elephant exchange.




The flash didn't go off, but this is a picture of Kacie conducting a Christmas song sing-a-long. After that there were organized activities for the kids.

Pinata



The children are playing Christmas Bingo using red and green M&Ms for markers. The sacks on the table are full of the loot they got when the pinata burst and spilled its contents.



Making tree ornaments


Katelyn showing off her candy cane ornament.



We visited and exchanged gifts. I always wish I could spend a few minutes with each person to catch up with what is going on in his/her life. It seems like in such a short time we can't make contact with everyone. Some of us wrote notes to Elder Ben Milligan who is serving a mission in Medford, Oregon at the present time.


Natalie got a blue tongue to match her blue eyes.

1 comment:

mmadams said...

Thanks for the pictures. I not only didn't get to talk to everyone, I didn't take any pictures. I thought the picture of Kent and Deb was excellent. It was fun to see everyone. MA