Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MEXICO...Rythmns of the Night


We went by boat to Las Caletas. I forgot to wear my sea bands and I felt a little queasy. There is no electricity there. Everything was lit by torches and candles. The use of cameras was banned during the program as it is copyrighted. Of course they want you to purchase their CD. Here are a few pictures before and after the program. We had a tasty meal by candlelight. This experience reminded me a little of a Maori program and dinner we had in New Zealand.












As we pulled away from shore for the boat ride back to Nuevo Vallarta, this is the scene we saw of the torches on the banks and the reflections on the water.

One thing we haven't liked about going out on boats for activities during our vacations is the fact that they usually have an 'open bar.' The cost of all the drinks is included in the price of the event ticket. That is why the events cost so much and, in essence, we pay for other people to get drunk. I have heard these excursions referred to as a 'booze cruise.' This picture shows all the 'happy, dancing, noisy, swinging, drinkers' on the front deck of the boat on the trip back.

1 comment:

mmadams said...

I always enjoy reading your posts. I've been waiting to hear about your trip. Looks beautiful! YOu always take such good pictures. Wondering what kind of camera you have. Welcome back to the land of ice and snow.