Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Aubrey

I am wearing a new fragrance today compliments of Aubrey. It is the same 'fragrance' Robin wears everyday. It is called 'Baby Barf.' Poor little girl, she went through at least 3 receiving blankets, 3 bibs, and 3 heavy-duty diaper/spit-up rags. We were both saturated and puddles were everywhere. In between the puking and lengthy ear-splitting screaming, this is what the cute little girl looks like:











Aubrey will be 2 months old on July 16th. I was watching the girls while Robin and Andrew were in Salt Lake. Andrew was having more tests and a consultation with a doctor. Andrew is facing chemo, radiation and a couple of major surgeries in the months to come. We hope and pray that he will respond well to the treatments, that the cancer will be eradicated, and that he will be restored to good health. Please fast and pray with us.
As postscript, I am thankful I was protected from harm and accident in my travels to American Fork and back home. On the way down I passed four accidents on the freeway. On the way home there were a few slow-downs. A guy in a large pick-up in front of me suddenly slammed on his brakes. I could tell when he hit the car in front of him because he came to an abrupt halt. I stood on my brakes hard, my purse went flying, and a book on the backseat as well as my overnight bag took a tumble. But I was able to stop just short of hitting the truck in front of me. Then I heard skidding and squealing tires. I looked in my rear-view mirror. Yikes, I didn't think he would stop in time. I braced myself for a crash which would have surely propelled me into the guy in front. What a miracle that I came away unscathed! I eventually made an extremely tight turn and changed lanes. No one behind me followed me out. I am wondering if there were a few chain reaction collisions behind me as well as the three vehicles in front of me which had sustained damage. Phew!

3 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

Sounds JUST like Olivia....so fun! But SO worth it all! =o)

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste said...

Aw, poor little Aubrey and smelly mom/grandma! She sure is a cutie!

So glad you were safe in your travels...sounds like a scary trip!

Andrew is in my thoughts and prayers. I too hope he gets healthy soon. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help them.