Another 'last chance' ride we enjoyed was meandering all around the backroads in southern Idaho. We went to Preston, Cleveland, Soda Springs, Bancroft, Montpelier, Strawberry Canyon etc. We passed the birthplace of our departed dog, Katie. We stopped at Chesterfield Reservoir and drove by the many buildings of yesteryear which have been restored in the old Chesterfield settlement.
DUP was held here on Monday. I fixed sour cream enchiladas, chicken/shoestring potato salad and fixed apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
I got a roster for the temple group I'm in. I am so amazed at the dedication of those who travel so far twice a week to work in the temple. On my shift there are three couples from Cokeville, Wyoming! There are a couple of women from Swan Lake, Idaho, a man and wife from Paris, Idaho, another couple from Ovid, Idaho, some from Malad, Dingle, Laketown etc. It makes me appreciate how close we live to the Logan Temple. I should never complain.
Many of the bus runs Reed makes are for special needs students. He has empathy for the handicapped children who live with difficulties and limitations. He can only imagine the hardships some families must endure. He is really grateful and feels especially blessed for the good physical and mental health of each member of our family.
Having gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and not giving it!
Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Ross (2nd), sister-in-law Jodie (5th), my brother Kent (11th), sister Jean (11th) and also to my granddaughter, Ashley, who will officially be a teenager on the 15th! And don't forget niece and nephew, Jamie and Eric...and the list goes on!
No comments:
Post a Comment