Thursday, November 18, 2010

More November Stuff

Veterans Day: I am thankful for all the men and women who have served, or who currently serve, in the military of this great country. I honor them for their sacrifices in the name of freedom. This is a picture of Andrew when he was in Iraq.
Andrew had another surgery near the end of last month and is doing well. Athough he is very tired, he has been able to go back to work. He has endured much over the past year and a half. Andrew will probably have scans every few months to make sure things are still looking good. We are thankful for modern medicine and blessings from a loving Father in Heaven.



Ashley is a teenager! Her birthday was on November 15th. Her day was full of school and dance. Congratulations to her dad, Bryan, who graduated from the Corrections Academy on the 17th. I think he will be working at the prison. I don't know how this will affect their busy lives and where they live. I don't believe they have that figured out yet. Kim and Bryan are also celebrating their 16th anniversary on the 19th. Congratulations! Ashley and Riley have now riden on a school bus driven by Grandpa.



This is a picture of the Wellsville mountains from our church parking lot. We have had cold temperatures, rain, wind and cloudy skies. I have to admit, though, there have been some really pretty sunrises and sunsets.




Reed's annual fruitcake baking day resulted in 14 loaves. Since I don't share his love for fruitcake, he is hoping they last him through the month of March.


We are on waiting lists at the Hyrum Library for five books...the latest from Vince Flynn and Ken Follet, "To the Rescue," a biography of Thomas S. Monson, "Promise Me" by Richard Paul Evans, and "Decision Points" by George W. Bush. We just finished John Grisham's "The Confession."



My sister, Marilyn, and her husband, Gary, have just completed an 18 month mission at the Family History Library in Salt Lake. Well done, thou good and faithful servants! They have returned to their home in Idaho Falls to a household with seven extra occupants. Way to go Natalie! She is finishing up requirements for a degree and will be having baby #6 soon.

No comments: