Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eastman House, Misc. P-day Pics

On P-day the eight of us (all former Heber Valley Camp missionaries) went to Rochester and toured the Eastman House. That's George Eastman of Eastman Kodak. (Kodak was a name George and his mother, who lived with him, made up) George never married and from what was told about him, he was very eccentric. He was very wealthy and gave away millions of dollars.

A portrait of George Eastman:
A closer look reveals that the picture of Mr. Eastman is made up of many, many various images as shown in the picture below:




One of the displays in the museum:


I couldn't resist taking a picture of a camera just like my first camera...a Kodak Brownie. I still remember getting it for Christmas from Santa Claus. The camera box had my name written on top with 'magic marker' in my Mother's handwriting. Hm-m-m.

After the museum portion, we toured the mansion. It had been restored and was very unique. I wouldn't be comfortable living in a home like that. It was more on the order of the White House. I guess I was all shutter-bugged out as I took only one picture in the house.




The gardens were pretty.
I took this picture from George's Mother's 2nd floor bedroom window. She slept in a single bed with her nurse's single bed right to the side of her. The home had an elevator to accommodate her needs.





The following pictures were taken on the Canadian side of the border when we went to Niagara Falls. I thought the city had a Las Vegas feel to it.




No comments: