Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A trip home...

Last Sunday we drove to Cache Valley to attend my nephew's missionary farewell. Ben Milligan has been called to serve in the Eugene Oregon Mission and leaves on October 1st. After sacrament meeting Ron and Jodie put on a really nice and tasty dinner. I enjoyed seeing so many family members; I just wish I could have visited with each of them a little more. Good luck Ben! I hardly recognized him with his new 'missionary haircut.'

Jill and Brandon purchased a building lot on the Providence Bench. They are going to have a gorgeous view! They rented a storage shed for some of their belongings so our family room, backyard garage and workshop are a little more accessible. They did a lot of cleaning and organizing. We now have room for our ATVs. The building contractor says it will take just 4 months to build their home. I am planning on more like 6 months.

Candace's new baby's name is Brooklyn Kaye VanWagenen. That is a change from what I previously reported.

We were able to find an old washing machine with a stainless steel tub to use for a firepit. We have to disassemble it, however. We have made some of the special sticks to use to make camp treats over a fire.

Grandchildren, Riley and Ashley Johnson, appear to have grown 3 or 4 inches taller in the time we have been on our mission. Riley, 12, now towers above me.

It will seem strange to go back to the real world. Up here we don't lock our cabin door even when we leave for a day or two. When we go to the challenge course we leave the keys in the ignition of our 4-wheelers. I've even left my key in the 4-wheeler overnight. Once I left my camera strapped on my ATV all night. We don't lock the car or pickup doors either. I hope I don't have a problem as I'm out of the habit of wearing a seatbelt around camp. Since the bulk of the campers left I usually slow down but don't stop at stop signs.

No comments: