Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wildflowers of spring & brilliant colors of fall

I am just about caught up on this blog since there is really nothing else to do here. I would rather be busy or head home. We had a charter school on the challenge course yesterday but no one is scheduled until the 10th and 11th of October. This weekend is General Conference so the camp will be closed. My big influx of new posts sort of mixes everything up. It bugs me that they are not organized in chronological order.




Pretty to look at but an invasive menace here on the mountain. Some missionaries spend hours spraying them. Others spend hours pulling them or removing the blossoms. I have garbage sacks and leather work gloves in the back of my 4-wheeler and I have been on thistle patrol, stopping to pull thistles when I spy the purple flowers.




Although the camp has some beaver ponds, I haven't seen any beavers. When we went around Legacy Lake we saw lots of chewed off aspen stumps like in this picture.

This picture of the backside of Mount Timpanogos was taken today. I didn't have the camera with the high-powered zoom. It is really hard to see, but there are some small patches of snow that still haven't melted. They look like tiny dots in the picture. We have wondered all season if last winter's snow would be gone by the time this winter's snow starts to accumulate. This weekend will probably usher in colder temperatures so who knows?

This picture and the remaining ones on this post were taken today. I have posted many fall pictures already but I had cabin fever and had to get out for a few minutes. I guess part of my problem is that for the past couple of years I have really wanted to be back in the New England states to see the fall colors about this time. The last two pictures were taken from our front door.





No comments: