Sunday, August 28, 2011

The end...

I was hoping the end of visible snow on the Wellsville's wouldn't come until September. Today, from my vantage point in the Providence Highlands, I can still see one little patch of snow. It has been shrinking daily and with the hot temperatures I don't think it will last.

The end of summer vacation means back to school for most of the grand kids. Tanner and Landon started first as they are on year round school. In this household there are 4 different schools for 4 kids. Some grand kids are having new experiences and a few going to different schools than last year. Riley is in high school now, Mason is in Jr. high, Ashlyn transferred to a different charter school and will be in the same school with little sister, Katelyn, who has just entered kindergarten. Miles is in Pre-K, which is mandatory in Oklahoma, and is in the same school as Owen. Olivia started pre-school at the same place Miles was last year. I think Candace and Jory are also taking classes. Jodi and Ty decided to keep Owen with his age group but he will spend part of his days in upper grades and with the teacher for gifted students.

I think these are the grades our grand kids are in this year:
Home taught: Aubrey, Abigayle and Brooklyn
Pre-school - Olivia
Pre-K - Miles
Kindergarten - Katelyn
1st Grade - Owen
2nd Grade - Brynlee and Ashlyn
3rd Grade - Landon
4th Grade - Kaden
5th Grade - Jayse
6th Grade - Tanner
7th Grade - Mason and Natalie
9th Grade - Hailey and Ashley
10th Grade - Riley
11th Grade - Courtney

Grandpa turned in his keys and binders so has come to the end of his bus driving. One of the several reasons was that the district took away all mileage and hourly compensation for travel to and from bus runs. Reed often had to drive to Newton to pick up a bus, go on the run, drop the bus off in Newton, then drive home. That would be around 44 miles in his pickup and over an hour of his time that he would give up without pay. It just isn't worth it!

I was released as a temple worker, thus coming to the end of three years of service, one year this time around. I'm really going to miss it!

The end of Reed's stint as 1st counselor in the 1st Ward of the Logan YSA 1st Stake officially took place today as he was formally released.

I am hoping I have come to the end of my health issues for now. I had 10 nosebleeds in 10 days and it seems to have aged me 10 years in that time. I've had sinus pain, headaches and even my teeth hurt. After two trips to the doctor to have my nose cauterized and three prescriptions, I'd better be on the mend! Because of the nosebleeds, I had to miss an HVC missionary reunion and my temple group's summer social.

The end of summer brings fewer hours of daylight. Yikes, we've already lost nearly 2 hours. I'm not liking that. We've been feasting on garden produce but I know the end of summer is coming when the peas and beans quit producing and the corn and tomatoes ripen.

It would be nice if I could say that we are at the end of our house hunt. I'm sure those in this household are wishing the end is near. Some day, hopefully sooner than later!

1 comment:

Hawkins Family said...

School is great and fun! =o) Pre-K isn't actually mandatory here, it is optional. HAHA, Owen is a pre-k drop out. He never finished out the year since we moved.