After a day at sea we made our first port of call in Juneau, the capital of Alaska. It seems strange to have a capital city in a place that is only accessible by plane or sea. We took a walking tour of the city in the rain and under our umbrellas. It was hard to take pictures while holding onto an umbrella and being worried about water damaging the cameras. I regret I did not stand next to the life-sized cardboard cut-out picture of Sarah Palin for my own photo op. I tried really hard not to let the weather dampen my spirit. The shore excursions are just way to expensive and we are way to cheap expecially if they would be repeats of what we've already experienced. Besides that, we splurged on the veranda room. Here are our Juneau pictures in no particular order.
No comments:
Post a Comment