Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On our way home...




All good things must come to an end. It is time to put our swimming suits, shorts and sandals away and head back to snow and cold temperatures at home. We had a great time in sunny and warm southern California. We did lots of reading, resting and relaxing. Our first stop on the way home was at the Redlands California Temple. I know, just as Reed says, they all look alike if the landscaping is removed. It is just something I like to do...visit as many temples as I can. I think I've made it to about 43 temples so far. I'm glad Reed puts up with this little quirk of mine.




Next we made a quick stop at the outlet stores in Barstow, CA. We had lunch in Silverton, NV. After that we visited Vaughn and Susan in Logandale, NV. They generously gave us some frozen pomegranate juice and raspberry/pomegranate jam from the pomegranates they grow.
When we got to St. George we checked into the motel, changed our shorts and sandals into long pants and shoes, grabbed a jacket and walked to Iggy's. There we met the Gary and Suzanne (above) and Shar and Morris (below) and enjoyed dinner and visiting. These three couples served with us at Heber Valley Camp.


Tomorrow it will be "Home again, home again, jiggidy jog".

No comments: